Kenavon Railway Society, Reading 18/2/2012

RJS1977

The Kenavon Railway Society will be holding their annual model railway exhibition in support of the Cholsey and Wallingford Railway at The Warehouse, 1a Cumberland Road, Reading, Berks, RG1 3LS (behind Wycliffe Baptist Church and Mr Cod) on 18/2/2012 from 10am to 5pm.

Around a dozen layouts plus traders will be in attendance.

The Warehouse is fully wheelchair accessible and Reading Buses routes 13, 14, 17, Thames Travel 126.127, 128, First 190 and Arriva 850 (Reading-High Wycombe via Henley and Marlow) all stop just around the corner at Cemetery Junction. Parking nearby is limited, so you may wish to use the bus.

Adults £3:50, Children, SC £1:50, Families (2+2) £8:50

Richard Standing

Chairman

Kenavon Railway Society

• 2 weeks later...

Regrettably it's a clash with Risex - so alas I won't make this one.

and Watford ... and Tonbridge ... and Shepton Mallet ... and Yenston ... and Warminster ... and Milton Keyenes

Sure I am aware halls and such like have to be booked a long way in advance, but in the electron communication age I wish there was more coordination.

Weeks go by with nothing then just like buses they all come along on one day. As much as I'd like to support a local show sorry not on.

and Watford ... and Tonbridge ... and Shepton Mallet ... and Yenston ... and Warminster ... and Milton Keyenes

If damage to the wallet is related to the number of shows attended then maybe we all ought to be thankful for so many on one day!

• RMweb Gold

Sure I am aware halls and such like have to be booked a long way in advance, but in the electron communication age I wish there was more coordination.

Weeks go by with nothing then just like buses they all come along on one day. As much as I'd like to support a local show sorry not on.

Yes, a very sensible point although I've no doubt that some of the shows you mention don't regard themselves as 'competing' (for visitors) with some of the others. But notwithstanding that there are some which are in close 'competition' with each other and will potentially lose out as a consequence - which might possibly have been avoided with a bit of prior co-ordination.

Or (donning steel helmet and flak jacket) are there simply too many shows and will their number be reduced by survival of the fittest? Although the Kenavon Reading show is by far the closest to me this weekend it is does not have the most attractions for me so I'm going elsewhere (and I did have a good look at Nigel's projects at Maidenhead recently and will no doubt do so again at Knowle Hill).

In our case it's one of only two weekends in the year when we can get the hall. And whichever weekend we chose, it'd clash with something - so far this year we've had Maidenhead, Guildford, Egham & Southampton, Alton, Newbury,and in the coming weeks we have Eastleigh, Abingdon, Basingstoke & Swindon, Chesham & Tadworth, Ally Pally.....

If damage to the wallet is related to the number of shows attended then maybe we all ought to be thankful for so many on one day!

The Kenavon and RIsex Shows have clashed for the last few years neither of them are large Shows and are 30 miles apart! Shepton Mallet is just over a 100 miles from Reading with Yenston 89 miles, Warminster 73 miles and Milton Keynes 79 miles, Surely in an "electon communication age" a visit to http://maps.google.co.uk/ might be well worth it? :rolleyes:

XF

Archived