Scalescenes terminus

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if this will help at all.

This is the N-gauge large overall roof R005a

I have just glued three of them together to make it longer, the kit is printed out at normal size.

What I'm trying to show is the span across the tracks, hopefully it will give you an idea of size.

It should just scale up for OO.

post-6745-0-50698500-1330260316_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-75392600-1330260337_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-26106100-1330260359_thumb.jpg

Hope it's useful.

The colours seem to have been washed out in these photos, but I thought it may help to visualize what it could look like.

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

I wouldn't say it's that neat when you look closely at it, as per usual the camera shows up everything.

Yep, that Tgauge one was fun, I have given that to Alan Ramsey from Tgauge.co.uk

It's always the same though, I see Chubbers models and mine are really basic compared to his.

I have kept all my models on this Thomas & Friends layout as per the kit instructions for a reason, so that at exhibitions when I'm asked I can say it's just the kit printed out and built as is with no extra detailing.

I think some of the visitors then know that they can produce a similar layout without too much scratch building.

Just have a few more people to glue in position to get it ready for Mansfield next weekend!

Cheers

Ian

I have kept all my models on this Thomas & Friends layout as per the kit instructions for a reason, so that at exhibitions when I'm asked I can say it's just the kit printed out and built as is with no extra detailing.

I think that is a really good idea - exhibitions can be inspiring, but intimidating. a railway that can be done "out of the box" is always a good idea so people can see where to start - and when it still looks as good as this....

thanks for the pics traction, that looks really good, and the scale is not overpowering

one thing though, have you moved the glazed portions further up the canopy?

i thought there was actually a portion of roofing before the glazing started?

looking at it assembled, in a setting like that, i do think that in OO it would need a gang way, just below the glazing,

Archived