Canon Yard

mason

Hi all

With Deeping Lane Depot pretty much finished and the layout having a few show bookings for 2012, thoughts have turned to " what next "

I have spent the past few weeks trying ti get my head around what type and era etc etc and to be honest iv struggled.

A little while ago i made a small photo board called Canon Yard, a basic track going into a small depot doorway with some little details around it.

The idea-

I decided to model the other side of that building, this being the rear door and a small set of hardly used sidings that were once part of a bigger complex, railway cuts and money troubles have seen these sidings and the surrounding mess office and oil storage tanks to become disused but the rails still see a little bit of traffic as a pair of extra sidings to dump wagons and locos in when there isnt much room anywhere else. There can als be seen a few locos stored out the back of the main depot building.

The start of the build-

The boards are salvaged from the top of 2 shelving units, these boards are about 3" deep and are very lightweight and make a total size of 62" x 11.52, not very big at all, this is because i still have to store it somewhere and also store deeping lane.

i have also recycled the back panels from the shelf unit for the back boards.

the boards are joined together using dowels and case clips and will sit on the trestles i brought for Deeping.

The main objective for this project was to make a start in making my own track, i have brought a point kit in a bag from C+L and some of there 00 flex track.

The kit went together really easy and smoothly and i was amazed how well it turned out.

I also want to push my skills with electrisc by using servos for the point motor and take my scenics to the next level with statics and try my hand at some nice big trees.

well thats as far as iv got, here are a few pics to make help make sense of the above ramblings.

post-6696-0-64448000-1329061849.jpg

post-6696-0-55270900-1329061850.jpg

post-6696-0-47039300-1329061851.jpg

Thanks

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Hi Neil,

I missed this one! Good to see that you finished the C&L point. Well worth the work.

Looking forward to seeing this develop. Are you going to extend the siding where the 08 is sat behind the fuel tanks or this going to be another set of doors on the shed?

• 10 months later...

Photo boards are always handy. Might have to do a small one myself to photo stock progress shots on. Believe it or not Outon Road was supposed to be a small photo board and look how that turned out!! haha.

Cav

Archived