Blog questions

I've currently got 3 blogs.

One I've been using. The other is surplus to my needs, but I cannot delete it.

The 3rd is a link to my external wordpress blog. I've noticed there are external blogs that pull the content to the blogs here, I can't seem to find a way to do that? am I missing something?

Kelly

It's an admin function to delete a blog. I have deleted those excess ones.

I did some work yesterday on external blog importing.

If you have a Wordpress blog you can now get your RMweb blog to import entries via the RSS feed.

1. Create a new RMweb blog specifically for your Wordpress blog.

2. Name the Blog

3. In the 'Blog Type' box choose 'Local Blog'.

4. Complete the remaining blog set up stages as normal and save.

5. Go back to your 'Manage Blogs, page from the drop down menu at the top right.

6. Click on the 'Options' button and then the 'Manage RSS Import' option from the drop down.

7. Enter the url of the RSS feed from your external blog.

8. Blank out the HTTP_AUTH boxes if they auto-populate

9. Save

This should then collect any existing entries and update automatically.

It *should* work for Blogger/Blogspot accounts but I keep getting an error returned so I'm investigating that one further.

Figured it was an admin feature. Thanks for deleting the right one :) I went back and repurposed the other errornous blog, and when I saw your reply hoped you'd noticed (you had) :)

Thanks for the wordpress inport info. My blog is more than just railway topics, so debating whether it would be right to import all of it, or if it is possible to just do a RSS feed for a particular catagory?

• 3 years later...

Hi, I've just tried to follow these instructions to add an RSS feed to a local blog. Unfortunately without success. I got two different error messages the first I failed to note but the second was 'RSS feed error: XML error at line 26'   The url for my external blog is  https://thersr.wordpress.com.

Any help appreciated.

(I don't seem to be able to copy text from elsewhere and paste into RMweb posts either.)

(I don't seem to be able to copy text from elsewhere and paste into RMweb posts either.)

I seem to have resolved the copy and paste issue by changing theme from 2014 to 2013.  This has also made reply quoting this post possible.

But RSS feed problem now reports:-  RSS feed error: XML error: Undeclared entity error at line 24

Thanks

Archived