Bachmann Scenecraft Air Conditioning Units 44-528

oggy1953

Hi, I have just received a packet of the Air Conditioning units, ordered by mail order with other bits, as i thought they looked good in the catalogue. What a dissapointment. All i got was 10 small rectagles of resin with a 'Feint' outline of a fan. These will have to have a lot of work to make look the part. I contacted Bachmann in case i had got a 'Duff' batch, but it would appear this is all you get.I know there cheap but.... The security cameras aren't much better. Any one else got any thoughts ?

Run a bit of black into the fan and it comes up a lot. I didn't think they were awful, but I haven't looked at the catalogue so possibly I wasn't starting with high expectations! I kinda like the security camera's as well, they are nice mouldings once you work out what they are!

Run a bit of black into the fan and it comes up a lot. I didn't think they were awful, but I haven't looked at the catalogue so possibly I wasn't starting with high expectations! I kinda like the security camera's as well, they are nice mouldings once you work out what they are!

Take a look at the catalogue. or a picture on-line. Surely they should look the same. It would be like looking at a brochure of the new Mondeo, ordering one and getting a trabant ! ( well i know you would go to a dealer first, But i haven't a model shop for miles )

Surely they should look the same.

Hi,

Well, yes and no, you've got to take all pictures in catalogues with a pinch of salt, they are Artists Impressions (whether it be done by hand or computer) of the final product, they'll look the same, but not be exactly the same, it's the same with Cars, Buildings and Aircraft.

Plus you have to remember that a 4ft square (say) Air Con unit will only be 4mm square in 'OO', so it is not always possible to get everything bang on, it's important just to get a feel for it being there

Simon

Okay looking at the pic i'd agree it doesn't look much like that, but I still think the parts look fine.

I totally disagree with you on the CCTV camera's though, the part looks just like the image, except a heckuva lot smaller and with a bracket to mount it!

I've run some black paint into the fan like you suggest, and Yes it does improve them. Also painted the cameras and yes as they are so small they look fine from a distance. Was just expecting them to go straight on my industrial units from the packet. Cheers for your replies.

I'm afraid I've had a similar experience with another Scenecraft Product (GWR footbridge) in which the model delivered (production run) bore little resemblence to the on-line catalogue photo. In comparison, the Scenecraft brick engine shed and brick water tower were exactly as pictured in the on-line catalogue.

Based on this small sample (and my limited experience with RTP), Hornby sems to have more consistency between the on-line photos (pre-production models?) and what is delivered in the box.

Bottom line - I no longer buy any RTP without seeing them "in the flesh"

F

Archived