DCC lighting

virginhst539

hi every one heres my problem im makeing a DBSO (9708) and i was wanting to fit a decoder and have lighting fitted to the model in the form or white head lights and red tail lights. problem is i dont have a clue how to do this. I could do a white headlight with DC no problem but i could not do the change from white to red or red to white and now with DCC i dont know where to start if any one could tell me how to wire up directional lighting with a decoder this would be great even better if you could have a wireing digram any help with this would be great or link me to another page where i can find such info.

thanks virginhst539

Hi

There is info on my web site DCC page for wiring LEDs and decoder Functions.

Basically the Blue wire is a common Positive to all Functions. White wire is front lights and Yellow wire is the rear red lights both are negatives. You will need a series resistor (ideally one per lit LED) and its value in OHMs will depend on the brightness required. Starting at 1K0 and up to 25K or higher at times especially for oil lamp glow.

http://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/DCC.htm#Decoder%20controlled%20lighting

t hank you will have to look up the light arangements on the DBSO i think 2 white and a bright one the just 2 normal red lights was also going to make the optical car and run the wires from the decoder to the car useing a plug like on hornbys black 5s to give control of the bright white LEDs in there

Archived