which route of south east for brighton belle in 1960 - 1972

class37418stag

hiya everyone

which route of brighton belle emu running from london to which terminus of station name in 1960-1972

by monday - friday - what route

saturday - what route

sunday - what route

because I has search about brighton belle to find the route but I know only one is london victoria to brighton and go back to london

thank you

• RMweb Premium

hiya everyone

which route of brighton belle emu running from london to which terminus of station name in 1960-1972

by monday - friday - what route

saturday - what route

sunday - what route

because I has search about brighton belle to find the route but I know only one is london victoria to brighton and go back to london

thank you

The Brighton Belle units were built for one service only, namly Victoria - Brighton via Three Bridges and nothing else. I believe that in the 50s they did work to Eastbourne ocasionally (Sundays only) but this was only as an 'extra' to their regular duties rather than a replacement.

The SeMG is a good source of information on everything Southern: http://semgonline.com/gallery/5bel_01.html

They ran non-stop from London to Brighton and used the Quarry Line to avoid Redhill.

They were withdrawn in 1972. Before being withdrawn they ran on a few special trains to all sorts of odd places - there are photos from 1972 of them at Eastbourne, Chichester and Horsham on the SeMG site.

Archived