this is the Gar-age of the train

simontaylor

Well hello there chaps & chapesses welcome to my new thread. this moment has been been anticipated for the last 2 years progress has been slow and will remain slow i think due to my current problems ( i have just been diagnosed as having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)

i dont know what happened there must be the fat finger syndrome

i feel such a fraud about it when there are all these brave men and women in harms way in Afghanistan but there we go

I originally started in the spare bedroom with an extension to a trackmat design for my son . we have recently had a room swap round due to the impending birth of our second child. The domestic authority has graciously allowed me the use of the garage whay hay more room

well im not sure if i am doing things the right way on the forum so please excuse me if i do anything wrong

We started with as mentioned in my previous posting with a fiddle yard/station expansion to a trackmat layout. The trackmat layout will remain in the house for my son Kieran i have removed the fiddleyard section and am going to expand on this to make a longer end to end type layout. running along the long wall of the garage in a L shape arrangement.

The layout is not entirely prototypical as it is intended to be a bit of "occupational therapy" for my self. the basis for the layout is my home town of Pontefract insomuch that there are 3 stations allowing for operational interest although the stock used may not be prototypical

so far we have the following

a gbrf class 66

flying scotsman

windsor castle

a 57xx pannier

eurostar

pendolino

and hopefully if Santa is kind a Deltic

I hope to upload some photos in the future once i have worked out how to do it i also value anybodys comments and also welcome any advice the layout will be dcc controlled i hope to be able to signal the layout but not sure how to do that at the moment

• RMweb Gold

Simon, when you're adding a reply, if you look below the big box where you type your text in, you'll find the section to add attachments (e.g. pics). First click the Chose File button and select the pic you want to upload, then click the Attach This File button. You should then see a thumbnail of your picture appear after it has uploaded. :)

well a little bit of progress this afternoon out of the cupboard emerged a walthers ho coal mine kit i intend to use this as a corner filler with a small rail connection perhaps off a loop. the reason i have started to construct this kit at this stage is two fold

1) its far too cold in the garage to do anything in there at the moment even though i do have a heater in there

2) im not sure how much room the mine will take up and it may require a small amount of kit bashing with it being an american kit it is more a open cast than deep mine

i do not require headstocks as it is to be an adit or drift mine where the shafts enter the ground at an angle for the un initiated

• 1 month later...

i have decided after a lot of thought i have decided to go with an open framed baseboard approch for the baseboards, i have now decided on a name for the layout Skynne Fflint as i am now trying to everthing as cheaply as possible as i have now lost myy job through my illness.

The trackplan is loosley based on the Blanaeu FFestiniog layout in the peco trackplans book compressed to fit the space available.

Archived