Arnington

Hi,

Just a few pics of my first ever layout Arnash Lane(taken on my Iphone so not the best quality until i can get myself a better camera), which has a modern image mid 80's to present day setting. I'm currently working on the depot.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-07685200-1358601792.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 6

I was thinking that, it appeared on ebay a few weeks ago?

Ahhhh... I was wondering how long it would take for someone to spot the 09 :) Yes it is indeed Pugsley's 09 that i won off Ebay a while back, it is a true work of art it looks awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...

That 09 looks a bit familiar ;) I'm glad you like it - I didn't realise it had gone to another RMwebber!

I like the layout - it has real atmosphere and it's nice to see a slightly different Portacabin than the normal Knightwing kit (something that I'm as guilty of as anyone :D )

Hi there

A nice weathered collection of locos you have there,did you do the weathering and renumbering on the 60s? They are very realistic.

The class 09 has real atmosphere and has a real rustic affect,hard to tell it is a model! ;)

Regards

Lewis

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the comments :) My loco's are a bit of a mixed bag, some i have done myself and others are Ebay items and commisions i've had done. I did do the 60's myself and also some of the 37's,47's and 56's i have. The others were Ebay items and commisions from fellow rmwebbers e.g Jon.G, Andi Cairns and the superb 09 was Pugsley's.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, A few more pics added showing the progress of the yard and back of the depot. I used some of that Tamiya textured paint for the mud in the yard and am quite pleased with the way it has turned out smile.gif

Arnie

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good arnie ;) nice selection of loco's on there buddy should be some colourful mainline blue and grey tractors on your depot soon ;)

Must spray up that 47 you have the technical red and grey 1 bin meaning to do 1 for ages the pics just reminded me of it again.

Cheers Jon.

Looking good arnie ;) nice selection of loco's on there buddy should be some colourful mainline blue and grey tractors on your depot soon ;)

Must spray up that 47 you have the technical red and grey 1 bin meaning to do 1 for ages the pics just reminded me of it again.

Cheers Jon.

Cheers Bud :) Gonna be putting a few pic's up in a bit of some new arrivals!

Cheers

Arnie

Ello Arnie,

Looking good matey nice to see the EW&S tractor and bs blue 60 residing on your shed with mainline blue 31407 aswell ;)

Is 37100 stabled on shed yet B)

Cheers, Jon.

/quote]

Hi Jon,

Yes she arrived matey cheers :) she is stabled next to BS 60 in the 4th pic :)

Just had to run into the bathroom and open the window, as i heard a sound you don't here to often nowadays :)

A couple of DRS tractors came storming past with a Network Rail test train. That's made me afternoon :D

Cheers

Arnie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Arnie,

I see her now ;) so then yes its a good feeling in it when you here a 37 or 2 think i'm the same straight to the window with me head out like a lunatic listening to them rumble down the crewe line :) don't get many nowadays but back in the 90's it was none stop at nite time they used to constantly wake me which i didn't mind atall it was good not having double glazed windows to block the sound out still not got double glazed windows now lol.

So birthday time soon hope you get some good pressies in the morning matey :)

Cheers, Jon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hia ARNY,

Looking good matey i see you've bin buying limited editions and the colourful southern 47 from modelzone, quite liking all these new bachy 47's shame there not doing even 1 new 1 this year thou suppose we get 3 new tractors instead!

Your layouts defo got some colourful stock now thou good work my man.

Cheers, Jon.

Hia ARNY,

Looking good matey i see you've bin buying limited editions and the colourful southern 47 from modelzone, quite liking all these new bachy 47's shame there not doing even 1 new 1 this year thou suppose we get 3 new tractors instead!

Your layouts defo got some colourful stock now thou good work my man.

Cheers, Jon.

Cheers Jon :) Yeah i had to get the Bachmann NSE 47 i've always had a fondeness for that particular 47, when i had my first layout in my bedroom as a kid my dad bought me the Special edtion Hornby one for christmas. My how models have come on since then :)

Arnie

What I really like about this layout is that every loco has been detailed and weathered with every small detail included(not just 'out of the box').Also the scenes away from the trains are just as detailed.Well done! B)

RegardS

Lewis

Cheers Lewis :) I've still got a small corner on the layout to put something scene wise in, not sure what though was thinking a small scrap yard or something maybe.

Cheers

Arnie

Mainline cromptons looking good matey like the ploughs and silver buffers ;) thinking of geting a couple but with them not working to manny in the 90's they'll be a bit out of place unless on a railtour etc.... keep the pickys coming fela.

Cheers, Jon.