The Benwick Branch - Peter Paye

Guest AlexTM

Guest AlexTM

Hi folks,

I realise that this request may be a bit 'odd'! I have just acquired a copy of the above book, published in 1998 by John Masters, ISBN 1 901190 021, and have found that pages 43 & 44 are missing. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? The book was bought new, however the seller refunded my money when the fault was pointed out. As they don't have any more stock (out of print?) they were unable to replace it.

Many thanks.

regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Premium

The missing pages contain the first part of chapter 3 (Permanent way, signalling and staff) together with facsimiles of the 1919 GER appendix to the WT for the branch and the opening and closing instructions 1906 for signal boxes on the Peterborough/March line.

My copy I obtained second hand as an ex library copy. Unfortunately I do not possess a scanner so I am unable to forward copiesof the missing pages, though it may be possible to find the publication in a library.

Guest AlexTM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the information. It doesn't look as if it's anything too significant.

As for the library I tried that and was unsuccessful. Edinburgh libraries are not great for local railways let alone anything further afield; even the books they can get me tend to be of the "Illustrated History of Railways in ..... " type. They seem reluctant to use interlibrary loans for cost reasons.

Again, tanks for the info and idea.

Regards,

Alex.

Hi,

I have the book (not into Railways, just into Benwick) and can scan the two pages for you if you like?

E-mail me on mail@lilyholtroad.co.uk and I can send you them.

Thanks

Guest AlexTM

Hi folks,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Thanks for the replies. Thanks too for the offer of a scan of the missing pages. I think my main concern was that I had missed some vital information or, worse, some drawings or diagrams.

Regards,

Alex.

Archived