HMRS Decals faults.

micklner

I have been having problems with the quality of HMRS LNER pressfix Decals for a while now.

About 2 yeras ago HMRS lining sheets with excess glue between lines , which causes problems with the finish and removing the excess glue eventually I discovered white spirit will remove the gloopy mess.

Since HMRS have been producing the sheets on taking over from PC models the Red lines are now so opaque that they are invisble when applied to a Black surface a complaint made to HMRS a a new sheet which was ok sent in the excess of glue department only.

Recently I built a couple of locos for Jim , he supplied two brand new HMRS lining sheets both sheets were about 1mm out of register. In addition these sheets suffered from a lack of glue and refused to laydown properly on the models.

I contacted HMRS direct via email re the faults,who refused to assist stating deal direct with the supplier . I was also asked if I knew what I was doing when applying their decals! I replied to this stating how long I have used them and the downturn of quality and recieved an apology.

I had sufficent lining on other sheets to complete Jim's models and then ordered direct from HMRS a Gold Lettering sheet and another lining sheet for my own use.

On arrival the lining sheet was ok , being in register , I no longer even bother using the red section. The Gold Lettering was even worse than Jims lining sheet, being totally out of register.

Promtly returned to HMRS a week later, another sheet of Gold lettering arrived again out of register. This time not as bad but it stiil produced lettering that was Gold, a 0.5mm line of red then the Black shading. I realise this is a small defect but why should we accept such quality? It ruins any model on which they would be used. Sent back again.

Today another week later, I recieve a letter ffom HMRS and I quote the relevant sections

"LNER Gold lettering is extremely difficult to print because of the number of colours combined with extremely narrow white highlighting.

As it appears we are unable to meet your extremely exacting requirements, i have asked for you to be refunded your cheque.

p.s Should you be able to locate another source of transfers which accrately reproduce the complexity of LNER lining and lettering in 4mm scale, I trust you will be good enough to let me know about.

B Webb

Well I can easily reply to his "p.s addition" which I found rude and sarcatic in the extreme.

PC Models sadly no longer available!!

Fox transfers , Old time Workshops which I shall be using in future.

It would appear Mr webb thinks it is ok to spend a lot of money and time building models and then use defective decals. A suitable reply has been sent .

Photo of the first return quality. Second return had the same fault with a narrower red section between the Gold and Black sections.

post-7186-0-98939600-1331390296_thumb.jpg

Archived