Ivatt 2MT rocking grate

N15class

Hi

I am in the process of rebuilding a kit built Ivatt 2MT. See my blog. I know there should be the rocking grate leaver mechanism, just behind the middle driver on the drivers side. I niether have the casting, or a decent photo or drawing of said item.

Please is there anyone out there who could help. In the photos I have you can see it (so it needs to be put on the model) but not well enough to make one.

Thanks

Peter

if you can hold on 'till wednesday(ish) I have to pass through Loughborough (GC) yard so could take a load of details of one for you then. Let me know if this is of use and any others you want.

Steve

if you can hold on 'till wednesday(ish) I have to pass through Loughborough (GC) yard so could take a load of details of one for you then. Let me know if this is of use and any others you want.

Steve

Hi

That would be great. Maybe one or two of the injectors under the cab. I do not think there are any others, These bit just seems to hide in the dark on general photos.

Many thanks

Peter,

I popped by Loughborough this afternoon to get the pics. Ivatt 2MT 46521 was inside in the shed so due to limited space and light you have the ash pan detail details and some cab stuff (i'll get the injectors another time when space is easier) and you can find them here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/2025-ivatt-2mt-46521-details/

Also, given their similarity, I had a quick wander round its BR Std2MT sibling 78019 and you can find the pics here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/2026-prototype-notes-br-std-2mt/

I hope you find something useful in these and good luck with the project.

Cheers

Steve

Hi

the Ivatt ash pan leaver is brilliant I can now mak the missing part. The cab is also helpfull there are never enough cab photos.

The valve gear on the standard is the same so thats a great help too.

Many many thanks

Peter

Archived