Smrzovka - Czech TT scale -next show is Faversham in September 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Going back a few posts, what is the source of the TT scale VW Golf?

Rich

We bought it in the Czech Republic a few years ago so not sure of the make. It could have been Viking.

3 SMR show them on thier website but out of stock. Unfortunately it doesnt say who makes them but might be worth contacting them to find out.

http://www.3smr.co.uk/vehicles.html

Ian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Smrzovka will be at the Nottingham show this weekend.

Layout is loaded already for the journey North tonight. Stock etc ready to load along with the new coaches and locos bought just after Christmas but unfortunately we didnt have space in our bags for some Czech beer aswell as the new stock so no Czech  beers - will have to make do with the pubs in Nottingham!!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

We had a good day yesterday with the layout at the Nottingham show. We did have a solenoid fail and the spare I had pre wired I cut the operating wire too short so the failed solenoid had its coil wire unwound and resold erred. All working a short while later.

We are one of a few layouts in the "Czech Point" room at the show.

I now have a HO sound fitted goggle loco and two coaches bought from Tabor models. The plan is to possibly build the terminus of the branch line from Smrzovka in HO. Not sure when though.

Ian

post-1557-0-43834000-1363502156_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-05514800-1363502176_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Love it! I was about to order a Roco HO Goggles, but may get a TT one instead, this looks great!

The TT ones are very nicely detailed and run very smoothly. Apparently you can get sound fitted DCC ones aswell but I havent come across one yet.

The Roco TT ones do have an NEM box which looks the same size as the N scale ones, so I am going to try the Dapol magnetic couplings at some point as the Microscale ones we have been using just dont want to uncouple over the magnets despite being set at the correct height etc.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I seem to have caught the TT bug and I have just ordered a Roco 36257 which is a 754 with sound!

Now I need some track.......

Do you have more pictures of this great layout?

Looks like you may need to make a few visits to the Czech Republic now.

I am very tempted to go DCC with the TT stock. However as we have many class 810 4 wheel railcars that all look the same it would make it difficult to work out which one is which number!!

It is a lovely scale to work in though.

We used Tillig track which is superb. However the turnout tie bars are quite fragile. We have had to replace some of the tie bars with copper clad sleepers.

I did take a few photos last weekend so wil try and post soem more at lunch time.

An extension to the layout is currently being considered which may involve building the branch line terminus at Josefuv Dul.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Some more photos of the layout taken last weekend at the Nottingham show:

A Roco Goggles. it runs very smoothly and much quieter than the resin built ones.

post-1557-0-66643100-1363783082_thumb.jpg

A resin and scratch built chassis (not by me) class 749 Bardoka. A bit noisy but still very smooth running.

post-1557-0-29349300-1363783226_thumb.jpg

A class 810 and trailer - these are plastic bodies on various motorised chassis, some built by me but many bought ready built then detailed. Some will get wing mirrors now that the stock trays have been altered to accommodate the mirrors without knocking them off.

post-1557-0-84598700-1363783431_thumb.jpg

A class 714 on a frieght working. This is a  brass body on a scratch built chassis bought ready assembled from the Czech Republic.

post-1557-0-08441500-1363783450_thumb.jpg

A behind the scenes shot of the control panel. Most the storage tracks (out of view) are stub end tracks but under the poanel there is one through track. We hope to add another through track under there to increase flexibility as there is space for it.

post-1557-0-83128700-1363783509_thumb.jpg

Ian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

On our recent trip to Prague I coukdnt resist thiis brightly coloured Tillig class 720 in Viamont livery.
I am not sure if it is based on the old Berlinerbahn body but the handrails are definitely finer and the chassis is new. The old Berlinerbahn ones had a fixed 4 wheel drive chasdis with the bogie side frames fixed to 'pony' trucks.
This Tillig one is a proper all wheel drive bo bo affair.

I have toned the yellow down a touch .

Also this loco comes with N scale NEM pockets so I have fitted some Daol Easymate couplers and will do the same on some wagons to see if uncoupling over the magnets work better than the Microscale ones.

Ian

post-1557-0-03280500-1365660988_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse

On our recent trip to Prague I coukdnt resist thiis brightly coloured Tillig class 720 in Viamont livery.

I am not sure if it is based on the old Berlinerbahn body but the handrails are definitely finer and the chasdis is new. The old Berlinerbahn ones had a fuxed 4 wheel drive chasdis with the bogie side frames fixed to 'pony' trucks.

This Tillig one is a proper all wheel drive bo bo affair.

I have toned the yellow down a touch .

Also this loco comes with N scale NEM pockets so I have fitted some Daol Easymate couplers and will do the same on some wagons to see if uncoupling over tge magnets work better than the Microscale ones.

Ian

I like it, does it have lights?

I was looking at this model on www.ben-model.cz when they had their 10% off at easter, unfortunately it wasn't in stock, in the end I bought a Kuehn 372 CD which arrived yesterday and is a great looking model, although it did take some effort to remove the body in order to put the DCC chip in!

Does anyone do a DCC sound project for the 720?

Edited by squeaky

• RMweb Gold

Squeeky

It wasn't in stock as I bought the last one from them in the shop... sorry!

Ben Models is a nice shop and the people in there speak good English, friendly  and they take credit card so very useful. Their shop is near Smichov station (another reasonably important station in Prague) and almost opposite a smaller halt at Smichov but the tram is an easier trip.

However they don't generally do the small cottage industry resin / brass built stock so a trip to Prago Models was the next stop. They also take credit card but they dont speak much English. They did have the 720 though at much the same price.

I haven't had the body off the 720 to see if there is room inside it for a decoder. I did try to remove the body but as I am not going DCC on the TT stock i decided to leave it in one piece.

It does have working lights aswell.

The sound decoders in the Roco Czech locos are Zimo so they may well do one.

Ian

• RMweb Gold
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Last week I received a package from fellow RMweb member.

In it was some as new locos and wagons. So a slight distraction from working on N scale stock.

The wagons have had Dapol Easy mate couplers inserted into the NEM boxes. They couple up to the other stock fitted with Microtrains 1015 / 16 couplers but there is a slight height difference. However we shall see how they perform at the next show. I have fitted the Dapol couplers to some of my newer coaches so we will be able to run complete trains fitted with the Dapol couplers should there be problems.

I have had trouble getting the Microtrains couplers to uncoupled over the magnets fitted on the layout so the Dapol ones are a test to see if they will perform better. If they do then there will be a mass conversion to the Dapol ones.

The goggles below is one of the new locos. As I already have one of these I have just swapped the front cowl with the older one that has Microtrains couplers so now both of them have Dapol one end a d Microtrains the other.

This new loco also has found and it's as good as the HO ones so I am now considering changing over to DCC but that won't happen for a while yet.

post-1557-0-56088600-1375770441_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A very long journey last night to get to Sutton Coldfield but be managed to get a pint before bed time.

At least we had a bit of a lay in this morning before heading off to the town hall o set the layout up at the German Railway Society show.

Layout running fine and the Dapol Easy shunt couplers seam to be working fairly well with the Microtrains couplers although we haven't tried to do much uncoupling over the magnets yet.

A few photos taken today.

post-1557-0-10311500-1379163416_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-89557800-1379163428_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-42425100-1379163441_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-26905200-1379163476_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Smrzovka will be at Tolworth Showtrain this weekend.

In the past we have used PC screens etc to display photos of the real location but we have found that many dont relate the photos to the layout (didnt htnk our modelling was that bad :O ) as viewers often ask if the layout is based on a prototype.

With other layouts we have used folders containing printed phots and that tnedsto get more viewing than the screens. So for this show (and future shows) a folder has been created with photos track plans and timetable.

It will be placed on top of the fiddleyard so viewers can browse at their liesure.

We now have another loco with sound fitted, although not all the sounds will be available as we run the layout with conventional DC.

Ian