Treacle and SQL

I've had a couple of occasions over the last few days where it simply wouldn't load at all - eventually came back with 'Bad Gateway Request'. Sometimes very early in the morning as well, at a time when you'd expect it to be fairly quiet. This morning I posted about ten to seven and it just sat saying 'saving post' for ages. I stopped it and refreshed the page and my post wasn't there. So I put it in again and half way through typing I had a message to say 'another reply has been added' - which was my post. Fully five minutes after I saved it.

I'm using Firefox 10.0.1 on Windows 7.

• RMweb Gold
I've had a couple of occasions over the last few days where it simply wouldn't load at all - eventually came back with 'Bad Gateway Request'.

Hi Jonathan,

"Bad Gateway Request" isn't necessarily a problem with the RMweb server. It could be a fault at your ISP or at any of the internet servers in the chain leading to the RMweb server. If you get that problem again, try tracing the route using the tracert command.

Not everything which goes wrong is RMweb's fault. The server is in Ohio; most members are in the UK. So most of the millions of connections to RMweb every day are crossing the pond, and there is plenty of scope for a few errors along the way.

regards,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

I appreciate that and generally try a few other websites to see if it's a more general problem. To date it's only been RMWeb. I will have a go at tracert when I'm next at home but just at the moment I'm on a mobile device so it isn't really practical.

No SQL errors here for over 24 hours, and RMweb running very smoothly all day. smile.gif

So many thanks to whoever did what to cure the problems. thumb_smiley.gif

Hopefully Old RMweb can be got online again soon.

Martin.

Sorry Martin, not here.... Last night was slow and when I wanted to mark all forums as read it didn't respond (where it did earlier in the day)... Note this is the past 24h! (but no sql stuff, I agree)

Whatever Andy and Jim have done, they're not there yet... That said, they are on the right track and kudo's for nailing and fixing other people's mess :P :yes:

My experience matches the latter - significant improvement, but still some way to go. A period free of SQL errors, but sometimes painfully slow.

And then at about 7.30 a.m. an SQL error of the "select * from ip_sessions" variety, during a relatively quiet period (in terms of number of users).

David

Archived