Purchasing Small Motors

Rhubarb Loop

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy Faulhaber 1016 Motors? I've noticed Mashima 9/16's are available from Finney and Smith and a seller on eBay but so far the Faulhaber has proved elusive. Also, any thoughts on Hanazono/Tenshodo, Maxon and Sagami would be appreciated.

Does Branchlines still exisit? Why can't I find their website?!

Cheers,

Alex

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy Faulhaber 1016 Motors? I've noticed Mashima 9/16's are available from Finney and Smith and a seller on eBay but so far the Faulhaber has proved elusive. Also, any thoughts on Hanazono/Tenshodo, Maxon and Sagami would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex

Branchlines is indeed still about, though they've never had a website really, Andy Mullins in his latter days in charge established a blog. Details of the new owners are still on it:

http://branchlines.blogspot.com/

Details from the ever useful:

http://www.clag.org.uk/russ/supplier.html

Adam

Hello,

Cheers,

Alex

The Faulhaber 1016 is a coreless type, and different from the others unless comparing coreless.

The 1016 should be available from Faulhaber UK,(on the net), drop them a line for a supplier, or order direct from the States, where the web shows several direct stockists of this popular motor. Specific other high quality motors are difficult to be really accurate on as to the performance, the type is more an indicator than the maker.

The UK market for these motors is small, and tends towards selling surplus units, usually to large for HO or OO sizes, and more suited to O gauge.

The link below is to a site that supplies some high quality and gearhead types and a few coreless motors to the UK market.(No connection except customer). For really tiny coreless motors try Nigel Lawton on the web.

motors

Stephen

A full range of Mashima motors is still available, but the Sagami has been out of production for many years. If you ever locate them, they will be old stock or used motors. They were also prone to problems, so perhaps best left alone.

The Motorman in the US has surplus stock of Faulhaber motors, try him here.

If you would like detailed information and specifications on the Mashima motors, have a look at the page on my web site: http://www.hollywoodfoundry.com/mashima.htm

No obligation to buy, just look if you like.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived