Canadian Pacific Action Red

I have an undecorated Kato SD 40-2 that I want to paint "Action Red" or at a push "Candy Apple Red"

I have had some magnificently helpful responses to the question of "which red" on an American (Deisel Detailer) site, however all the responses refer to paint manufactures that only seem to be available in the US.

I do not own an airbrush so I am restricted to brushing or using a motor vehicle spray of the correct (or nearly) colour.

So my question is:- Is there a Halfords spray tin that will do the job? Obviously I need the vehicle manufacturer name (Ford/ Peugeot) and the manufacture's description of the colour .

Any suggestions, particularly from those who have used this method of matching a CP colour, would be welcome.

Armchair

Only thing I can think of is to print out a sample colour patch as close as you can get to CP Rail Red or Soo Line Candy Apple Red, and take it to Halfords.....

It's what I did to get a match for Progressive Rail Blue (also known as MN&S Blue or BAR Blue...) except in my case it was a Tamiya can that was closest.

The problem is that very often even the colour patch or cap on the can itself turns out to not be very close to the colour inside; be prepared to try several cans...

Archived