Has anyone out there ever used Scalelink driving wheels? (same self-quartering as Romford, but plastic centres). If so, they are quoted as RP25 profile, but no code. Are they code 88 or code 110? If you have any, could you tell me the total tyre width (tread + flange) please?

Are they any good?!!!

Many thanks in advance for your replies. -Al.

Well, I learned something today. The price looks reasonable. I would worry slightly about the plastic centers and the square boss in particular. I can imagine that with use this would wear and you would lose quartering. I've noticed on some old Romford wheels that there is relative movement between wheel and axle. If they're RP25 they should be OK on code 75 track. Those old Romfords I mentioned have a flange that is a good 1mm larger in dia. than the RP25 and ride on the chairs of code 75.

Another potential issue I see, and it's the same with Gibson wheels, is the possibility of the wheel cracking at the boss.

John

Thank you for that, Brossard. I intend using these wheels in small engines on very light shunting work, so I'm not concerned too much about their resilience. I just prefer not to have large flanges!

Once again, thank you. -Al.

Archived