Depot Fencing

Hi - I am making a early 1960's layout therefore mixing steam and diesel. I have a diesel fuelling depot and was wondering what type of fencing it might have had in the late sixties. I was going to use the Ratio security fence but feel it maybe too modern. Can any one advise if that would be appropriate or suggest something better.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

I've got a photo that was taken in the late seventies of me and a couple of friends at Crewe depot, and we are standing by a post & wire fence, so I suppose that would have been there since the early sixties

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this dilemma myself at the moment.

Building a mid-80's layout, and I think security fencing is too modern for me, so I would imagine its way out for the 60's.

I remember concrete posts with criss-cross wire around "keep out" places.

But then I remember small low concrete posts with 3 rows of wire running through them, very simple but effective, as boundary fences.

Hi there, I agree with the concrete posts with the three rows of wire as the boundry fencing, slightly later was the 1800mm high cris cross wire know as the chain link, angle iron at the top facing out the way at a 45 degree angle and 3 rows of barbwire to stop intruders.

Other than that just chuck up some razor wire wink.gif .

post-8140-12616114822549_thumb.jpg

Archived