New buffer range from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Hi all, some time ago Big Cheeseplant started a thread about a new range of buffers, they were initially available from 'Nairnshire Modelling Supplies' and this caused much confusion as the manufacturer was 'Lanarkshire Models & Supplies'. Now, the background to the similar names was that the retail arm of 'Lanarkshire' was sold to Nigel Burkin who renamed it 'Nairnshire'. The manufacturing side of 'Lanarkshire' was kept and has since been expanded with etched chassis products and loads more buffers. 'Nairnshire' no longer want to stock our products and are selling to exhaustion, (no explanation given). 'Lanarkshire Models & Supplies' now have their own website with all the products available for purchase via PayPal, Credit card or a cheque through the post.

This week I've had two enquiries where the sender has been confused by the 'Nairnshire' website not having the full range available and didn't know about our own website at :- www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Hopefully this post may lay to rest some of the confusion.

All the best,

David @ LMS

• 4 months later...

With reference to Dave's products B019/20/21/22 having 13" heads and B023 having 16" heads, I have contacted Dave about the description of these products as GWR - as far as I know, the only standard round GWR buffer head diameters were 12", 15" and 18". (Some of the longer J diagrams did however have 16", 17", 18", 19" or 20" buffers, but these were specials.)

It's possible of course some GWR wagons were fitted later in WR times with the then BR-standard diameter head (inherited from the LMS) of 13".

• 2 weeks later...

<iak said>"next?"

I heard a rumour about some vacuum pipes once, but maybe there was nothing in it ;)

Ouch!!! Actually Mr Wizard, Tonight I'm just finishing off the masters for said Vac pipes, so there.

Didn't you see the picture I posted a week or so ago.

post-10324-0-40940100-1346441883_thumb.jpg

Plus four new buffers for EXPO North, all I'll say now is they have something to do with kettles....

Severly hurt,

Dave.

Archived