RMweb

Loco Weathering Tutorials

That's a great looking 9F Gordon. Starting from bare bones is an interesting approach.

The point here Paul is to have a go. Yours is a bit of a test piece I think so no harm in getting stuck in. At shows, I get really turned off by watching locos and stock that are straight out of the box.

John

Guest Max Stafford

Paul, I've started preparing something to go up on my blog. I'll show the rough processes I use so hopefully you'll get something useful from that.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

If the location isn't a hard water area, or somewhere where water softening plants were used ( GW or Western Region) then don't do the "limescale out of the washout plugs effect"- it's pointless and shows a lack of research.

Paul, I've started preparing something to go up on my blog. I'll show the rough processes I use so hopefully you'll get something useful from that.

Dave.

Not sure if this will help, but here's some detail on a 9F I put together for Eastwood Town...

http://www.rmweb.co....__fromsearch__1

Thanks!

Yea the loco & wagons are going to be based on a layout in stoke-on-trent where i live, (british steel shelton) the wagons carried iron steel and coal.

Guest 40-something

Hi Paul,

Have a look at my weathering thread link below if you'd like..

I started out by buying the ModelRail weathering DVD which was the best thing I've bought. I used some ideas from that and got stuck in, now I have my own method, but still based on the DVD

• 1 month later...

Archived