Bachmann Peak (D27) sound

leopardml2341

Oh dear! I have just bought one of these from Cheltenham Models at Warley last weekend. Seems it's not quite the bargain I thought it was.

Gra

Cheltenham Models also know there's a problem - 'cause I told them!

The fact that they are still selling them surely speaks for itself ?

Cheltenham Models advice was to contact Bachmann, strangely (or not) Bachmann did not consider it was unfit for purpose. I suppose that's because it said on the box that it was DCC sound fitted - on the box there was no commitment to the 'quality' of the sound.

There is no commitment from any supplier of sound projects as to perceived quality of the sounds. There never will be. Arguments have raged on this forum and elsewhere as to sound 'quality'.

What sounds brilliant to you might well sound like ball bearings in a tin lid to another.

There is no commitment from any supplier of sound projects as to perceived quality of the sounds. There never will be. Arguments have raged on this forum and elsewhere as to sound 'quality'.

What sounds brilliant to you might well sound like ball bearings in a tin lid to another.

Ok - agree and understood. Perhaps my post was a bit misleading. This may be better:-

.............there was no commitment to the 'quality' effectively matching the playing of sounds in time sync with the movement of the locomotive so fitted.

But I suppose any manufacturer would not emblazon their packaging with 'Warning - we cannot guarantee sound will be in step with operation' - where would that leave them ?

I suppose with a number of disgruntled customers.

Hey - there's more than one route to the same endpoint.

Rgds

Archived