heljan colour matching

What ho rmwebbers all.

Has anyone found a paint to match Heljan br blue (specifically on the hymek models), I have aquired a damaged bodyshell, and can repair the damage, but will need to patch paint part of the roof before weathering the loco.

cheers, M

If you're going to weather it, why bother with an accurate paint match? The real things started to get scruffy not long after the repaint into blue (and that was just the parts you could normally see!), so a slight colour difference will hardly show, especially if you repaint a larger area of the roof, then weather it.

• RMweb Gold

What ho rmwebbers all.

Has anyone found a paint to match Heljan br blue (specifically on the hymek models), I have acquired a damaged bodyshell, and can repair the damage, but will need to patch paint part of the roof before weathering the loco.

cheers, M

For the most part Heljan colours are a direct match for the Railmatch range (not surprising given the Howels link.) So I'd recommend going with that.

copper cap - I was trying the easiest way, whislt removing my friends dollop of superglue I will end up going back to the brown plastic, hence a close enough match to weather lightly is what i am looking for, re paining a whole roof will show too much if its a different colour.

Rich, thanks, I'll look into it next time I get to my local model shop.

Archived