The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Would you like cheering-up?

Debs.

Thank you very much. Reminds me of my previous rescue, a lovely old lab cross called Gus. He had one of those flea collar things when he came, was always walking into things with it on. He was only with me for two years, they didn't know how old he was when he was rescued from a pound in Ireland under a death sentence. I'd like to think he enjoyed those two years. I still miss him enormously and will always be indebted to him for saving my life when my marriage fell apart three years ago.

Thanks again Gussie

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Her rescuers must have been pleased she turned out to be a good-natured dog. Terrific also that her sight was partially restored - she looks to have a new lease of life. Lovely stuff Debs, thanks.

Thanks Deb. I needed cheering up. We had our 13-year old Labrador put to sleep this morning, so you've boosted my spirits a little!

Cheers,

Dave.

13 years of joy, companionship and loyalty; dogs are such wonderful pals. :tender:

I`m certain I speak for us all here, Dave; in offering sincere condolences. :cry:

13 years of joy, companionship and loyalty; dogs are such wonderful pals. :tender:

That's exactly what it's been, Debs.

It's not been an easy day. I knew it was coming and it was the right time, but that didn't make it any easier. It was very peaceful.

I'll have some wonderful memories once I'm back on an even keel. And then no doubt we'll do it all again with another puppy. Fool that I am.

Thanks again.

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

That's the spirit Dave.

Marvellous story Debs. Yep, there's a bit of dust and grit blowing about here too. :derisive:

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

A heartwarmingly happy story, even better as a dog is involved!

Hopefully the "star of the show" will have some happy times with her new owners.

Debs - thanks for the link!

Dave - sorry to read the sad news, but remember - out there somewhere is a puppy, just waiting.........

Archived