Taunton - an appeal for help!

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Dear All,

A staffing conundrum has arisen in connection with this years Taunton Members Day on 29/4/12, which I have discussed with Andy and has resulted in this appeal for assistance...

It boils down to this - we really need a total of four people to keep the catering operation going, in order to give the ladies some respite during the day. On those occasions in the past when there were just the three of them, they ended up totally exhausted and didn't get any time out to relax and enjoy the event.

Last year we were fortunate enough to have the four ladies in the kitchen, and this worked very well indeed.

This year there are currently only two ladies available to do the catering - Madeleine (CTMK) and Michelle (TFMP).

I have had discussions with one or two of the local Swagonians (you know who you are! ;) ) and exchanged one or two PMs with others, and so far we haven't been able to identify any other possible candidates. As a result, the plan is to put a roster together of 'willing volunteers', who would do an hour or two during the course of the day to help in the kitchen.

I would need around 8 or 9 persons willing to do a minimum of one hour (or less than that, should there be any heros out there willing to do more).

What I don't want to do (and we owe it to the two ladies concerned) is leave it to chance 'on the day'. In order to give them both some confidence that they will actually enjoy the day again, I want a timed roster written out with names in the frame, before we start the day.

On the other hand, if anyone would like to spend the whole day helping Madeleine & Michelle, or if you know someone who would be prepared to do that, do please let me know.

Please could anyone with definite offers of help, even if just for one hour during the day, send me a PM about it.

Many thanks in advance.

Archived