RMweb

Can someone help me with my N Gauge layout design? 7" By 1"

Danfilm007

Like in the title, but this is what i would like!

top half: 3 Platform Modern Day Terminus

Bottom half Idea 1: Shunting modern day

Bottom half Idea 2: Preserved layout, with a bay platform for a dmu on the top, and the full platform for a steam train

Also, there needs to be a fiddle yard, on the right hand side, with a lenght of 3.5" and the left side 3.5"

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

7x1 roughly matches my layout which is 8x2 narrowing to 1 plus fiddle yard.. but in 3mm/ft.

So you'd fit the equivelent of 10.5 ft x 1.5 ft in the space you have.

In simple terms that means the answer to your question is absolutely no problem at all.

3ft - station/goods

1ft - throat/scenic

3ft - fiddle yard (traverser for preference)

Gives you room for 4 coach trains easily with 5 coaches being ok with the help of a station pilot. The only really noticeable difference to mine would be if your shunting a full train from one road to another (for example to release or to store the coaches in a carriage siding) the shunt would go into the fiddle yard, but nothing wrong with that.

If you have room you could add interest with a double layer (seperated) layout. So the bottom (front) might be say a goods area while the top (rear) is passenger.

Hi, Danfilm007,

First of all welcome to the forum.

Second is a technical question. Did you really mean "inches", or was this a typo and you can spare some more room?

Andy

No, Feet

Also, if anyone is any good at drawing track plans, i would be very grateful if they helped me, unfortunatlly atm spare time is a thing that there is little of!

Archived