Can we please have a LNER/BR N7

George G

When are the main OO gauge manufactures going to get round to building an N7? There are very few RTR models of locos that where used in and round East London and Essex.

Oh, yes please!

You may be interested to know that Hornby did go down the road of producing a ‘one-off’ N7 in ‘OO’ scale. It was numbered 69633 (I think - as allocated to the Buntingford branch). There was a photo of it in Model Rail magazine as part of a feature they did on models that didn’t make it to the 'shelves.' This was some considerable time ago and if I remember correctly, the reason Hornby gave for not producing it commercially was because it was deemed too similar to the N2 (the tooling for which they had taken over from Mainline) and would therefore dilute sales. That opinion dates it, IMHO! The model itself looked lovely though, in BR lined black.

Dean Sidings is releasing a bodyline kit of the N7 (see thread in ‘Smaller Suppliers’ section) which is due out around June and until one of the R-T-R manufacturers picks up the baton, this and the SE Finecast kit are the nearest we can get. Every year this loco is top of my wish-list and I would purchase a number given the opportunity. I lobby Hornby each year, so please do the same!

Bachmann 43xxx

Bachmann 464xx

Hornby/Bachmann B1

Hornby B17

Bachmann K3

Bachmann O4

Bachmann J39

Hornby L1

Bachmann V1

Hornby O1 (later)

Hornby Britannia

Bachmann 76xxx

Bachmann 800xx

Bachmann WD

Bachmann 40

Bachmann 03

Bachmann 04

Bachmann/Hornby 08

Hornby 30/31

Bachmann 24

Dapol 21 (later)

Bachmann 37

Heljan 15

Heljan 16 (later)

Bachmann 105

Bachmann Derby Lightweight

Heljan W&B drb

.....no GER produced?

Stewart

Oh, yes please!

You may be interested to know that Hornby did go down the road of producing a ‘one-off’ N7 in ‘OO’ scale. It was numbered 69633 (I think - as allocated to the Buntingford branch). There was a photo of it in Model Rail magazine as part of a feature they did on models that didn’t make it to the 'shelves.' This was some considerable time ago and if I remember correctly, the reason Hornby gave for not producing it commercially was because it was deemed too similar to the N2 (the tooling for which they had taken over from Mainline) and would therefore dilute sales. That opinion dates it, IMHO! The model itself looked lovely though, in BR lined black.

Dean Sidings is releasing a bodyline kit of the N7 (see thread in ‘Smaller Suppliers’ section) which is due out around June and until one of the R-T-R manufacturers picks up the baton, this and the SE Finecast kit are the nearest we can get. Every year this loco is top of my wish-list and I would purchase a number given the opportunity. I lobby Hornby each year, so please do the same!

I wish I could build a SE Finecast kit but I don't have the skills to build one my self nore do I know anyone who could build me one (or a few). I guess Hornby will just release more southern type locos and other historical mainline locos but ignore the important little trains which used to transport the ordinary commuter back in the days of steam...

Bachmann 43xxx

Bachmann 464xx

Hornby/Bachmann B1

Hornby B17

Bachmann K3

Bachmann O4

Bachmann J39

Hornby L1

Bachmann V1

Hornby O1 (later)

Hornby Britannia

Bachmann 76xxx

Bachmann 800xx

Bachmann WD

Bachmann 40

Bachmann 03

Bachmann 04

Bachmann/Hornby 08

Hornby 30/31

Bachmann 24

Dapol 21 (later)

Bachmann 37

Heljan 15

Heljan 16 (later)

Bachmann 105

Bachmann Derby Lightweight

Heljan W&B drb

.....no GER produced?

Stewart

yeah no great eastern ! the old b12 really does show its age . just imagine , one brave decision to make a j15 , it would sell by the bucket load ! now if an o gauge one came out ...................

Archived