Hurst Bogie Subframes - how to assemble

• RMweb Gold

that should be a simple case of fold up the two sides, and glue/solder the bearings into the holes. (Depending on the bearings used you may need to open up the holes a tiny bit to fit.)

Hurst use quite a thin grade of brass for the frames, so until the sideframes are glued on they can be a bit fragile. Strength can be slightly improved by running a line of solder along the folds.

that should be a simple case of fold up the two sides, and glue/solder the bearings into the holes. (Depending on the bearings used you may need to open up the holes a tiny bit to fit.)

Hurst use quite a thin grade of brass for the frames, so until the sideframes are glued on they can be a bit fragile. Strength can be slightly improved by running a line of solder along the folds.

Thanks Rich,

One further question - I assume that the 3 round etches are washers but what is the rectangular etch for?

Thanks

Andy

Not 100% sure, I've only used the Commonwelth & wagon versions. But I'd guess its a spacer specific to one manufacturers stock. Does it have a cutout in the centre that looks like the pivot Bachmann use on mk1s?

Hi Rich,

There is just a single hole in the etch - I assume it's a spacer that glues/solders onto the top of the main etch

Andy B)

post-7040-12554328133484_thumb.jpg

Archived