Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Which one will you do tomorrow BEFORE you go to work? hahhahha

One before he goes to work - One at lunch time - and one when he gets home Hahaha.

Cheers, Bob.

• Like 2

Hahahahaha very funny l had hoped to get the LSWR Brake van finished today, but there is a lot more work in the van than first thought, back to work tomorrow so not a lot will be done, very pleased with the way the van is going together though the roof is loose and the ends have not been soldered

post-7716-0-22178200-1463340741_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-56624200-1463340743_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-77339700-1463340745_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-70108300-1463340747_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-00478500-1463340750_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-11891900-1463340752_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-10771000-1463340754_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-29948500-1463340756_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Good grief George,

I've just had a bit of a catch up on your thread and I'm astounded at the quality and the speed with which you work on these brass kits.  I'd love to be able to build these but I know my limits... and these kits are well and truly out of my reach :D

Superb stuff, keep posting!!!!

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

Good grief George,

I've just had a bit of a catch up on your thread and I'm astounded at the quality and the speed with which you work on these brass kits.  I'd love to be able to build these but I know my limits... and these kits are well and truly out of my reach :D

Superb stuff, keep posting!!!!

Cheers

Lee

Hello Lee, l do have a lot of time in the mornings up to one o'clock so things seem to get done, get yourself a cheap brass kit and go for it, you will find they are not as hard as you think....trust me...

• Like 2

I agree great work. I would love to tackle a DJH class 31 or 47.

Hi Cav, l did think about getting a diesel kit, but when l looked at the price well that put me off, you would need two sets of wheels, two motors, chain gear the money soon mounts up, best bet would be a RTR and super detail it, still looking at £400 - £600 though, you could have two 0-6-0 tank engines for that ?

Still more than I can justify buddy especially as I don't model 7mm so would be an expensive ornament. I would like to build one though rather than get an rtr.

Hello Lee, l do have a lot of time in the mornings up to one o'clock so things seem to get done, get yourself a cheap brass kit and go for it, you will find they are not as hard as you think....trust me...

Hi George,

Perhaps one day I may do just that.  I really like the Macaw that you built and maybe I should get something like that.  I'm just getting used to building the JLTRT locos now with a few more in the build pile to complete, so when they are done, I should really get the soldering iron fired up!

Going back to the Macaw, did you use some long bending bars to form the wagon bed?

Keep up with the posting George, it's quite inspirational.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

Hi George,

Perhaps one day I may do just that.  I really like the Macaw that you built and maybe I should get something like that.  I'm just getting used to building the JLTRT locos now with a few more in the build pile to complete, so when they are done, I should really get the soldering iron fired up!

Going back to the Macaw, did you use some long bending bars to form the wagon bed?

Keep up with the posting George, it's quite inspirational.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee, Yes l have some 12" folding bars, but it was still hard work as you have to fold the 3mm lip which gets in the way of the big side fold, tricky but not impossible took a while though...what JLTRT are you building ?

post-7716-0-93558600-1463474579_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-06702800-1463474582_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-89933400-1463474583_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-77599200-1463474585_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-85535700-1463474587_thumb.jpg

Ah yes, I see what you mean that does look quite fiddly and tricky.  If I attempt this kit I'd have to get some bars I guess... Hmmm, maybe an easier kit for starters then.

The JLTRT kits I've been building are the diesels (just finished a class 20 and a 40):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/24805-7mm-diesels/page-20&do=findComment&comment=2308343

These as you probably know are resin kits and I find easier to deal with, but I really do need to have a go at a brass kit.

Cheers

Lee

Ah yes, I see what you mean that does look quite fiddly and tricky.  If I attempt this kit I'd have to get some bars I guess... Hmmm, maybe an easier kit for starters then.

The JLTRT kits I've been building are the diesels (just finished a class 20 and a 40):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/24805-7mm-diesels/page-20&do=findComment&comment=2308343

These as you probably know are resin kits and I find easier to deal with, but I really do need to have a go at a brass kit.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee, You will never look go back brass is lovely to work wit...

• Like 3

Hi George

Excellent work on the Macaw and Brake van.

Would JPL be the shop in Tyldesley by any chance, and if so do they have a website? Thanks.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Deano.

Hi George

Excellent work on the Macaw and Brake van.

Would JPL be the shop in Tyldesley by any chance, and if so do they have a website? Thanks.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Deano.

Hello Deano, Thanks for the kind words, JPL yes thats the shop and l found the web site on e-bay l just typed in 7mm 3-link couplings and found some of their stuff which then led to a site, couldn't find a site on their own only through e-bay...

Hello Deano, Thanks for the kind words, JPL yes thats the shop and l found the web site on e-bay l just typed in 7mm 3-link couplings and found some of their stuff which then led to a site, couldn't find a site on their own only through e-bay...

Thanks George. The couplings look good. better than the etched ones!

Regards, Deano.

• RMweb Gold

Some lovely work George.

Regarding the 45xx  Here's one on the WSR with a couple of cab shots

post-8525-0-11378500-1424475397_thumb.jpg
post-8525-0-31165600-1424475409_thumb.jpg
post-8525-0-37737500-1424475368_thumb.jpg

The ex Mitchell Kit from JLTRT can make up a nice model (etched brass mine is a Springside White metal one)

post-8525-0-31741900-1441036371_thumb.jpg

Don
  • Like 7

Some lovely work George.

Regarding the 45xx  Here's one on the WSR with a couple of cab shots

The ex Mitchell Kit from JLTRT can make up a nice model (etched brass mine is a Springside White metal one)

Don

Thanks for the pictures Don will be very handy when l get a 45xx...