RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

No its for a friend who has collected it already, so l can now get on with something for myself a really filthy Bulleid B/B 34086 219 squadron as l remember when l last saw her in the 60s, should be fun..

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, georgeT said:

No its for a friend who has collected it already, so l can now get on with something for myself a really filthy Bulleid B/B 34086 219 squadron as l remember when l last saw her in the 60s, should be fun..

You'll of soon made more than Bulleid had done.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Thanks for the likes guys, been away for too long and really glad to be back, as l say l had lost a lot of my mojo over the last six months not bothering to do much modelling at all, it was even an effort to get myself to the O gauge show at Kettering but l did, and glad l did, as l bought a bargain on the bring and buy stall ? a ACE kit of a M/N, (l knew l was in for a lot of work with the kit from the start) but l had intended to build a B/B out of it from the start ? to my amazement there was a W/C chassis with wheels in the box (great minds think alike)

so after a week of looking at all the work involved l started it, after a lot of head scratching and swearing l have almost finished her as  No34086 '219 squadron' and in the process of giving her a real good coat of Sh*te, just as l remember them ..

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Some will think its 'silly' but with the price of O gauge wagon kits lately, l have gone down the road of two liveries on one wagon (Not my idea) and as my new layout will be based in the 80s (blue) and a friends garden layout in the 60s (Green) does the job, just need to get more transfers for the blue ones..

DSC07678.JPG

DSC07679.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

21 hours ago, georgeT said:

Some will think its 'silly' but with the price of O gauge wagon kits lately, l have gone down the road of two liveries on one wagon (Not my idea) and as my new layout will be based in the 80s (blue) and a friends garden layout in the 60s (Green) does the job, just need to get more transfers for the blue ones..

DSC07678.JPG

DSC07679.JPG

Wrong again ? apparently the blue CCTs were all round blue, without black ends as l have done, live and learn !

• Friendly/supportive 2

55 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Wrong again ? apparently the blue CCTs were all round blue, without black ends as l have done, live and learn !

A good dose of weathering, and I wont tell anyone if you don't.

Besides, its not as if they are going to a Show, and even then 95% of the paying public wouldn't know, I didn't, and obviously you didn't.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2022 at 20:33, RAY NORWOOD said:

Hi George. It's good to hear you  back on hear again. That T9 is looking very good. What is your next project.

Hello Ray, Great to hear from you again its been awhile, l have a few irons in the fire at the moment, now that l have finished off the scratch built T9, l want to get on with heavy weathering of a B/B 34086 '219 Squadron' as she was when l saw her at waterloo station in the early 60s (you couldn't see the cab side number...

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Having had to put up with Covid and the aftermath and being knackered all the time l have found some mojo again at last, and have taken a new layout on and a new project in the form of a TPO royal mail train in O gauge, l have bought a NSX sorting van from PR models to start with and have a Parcels 47 (Heljan) on its way, which will be converted to RES livery...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Having had to put up with Covid and the aftermath and being knackered all the time l have found some mojo again at last, and have taken a new layout on and a new project in the form of a TPO royal mail train in O gauge, l have bought a NSX sorting van from PR models to start with and have a Parcels 47 (Heljan) on its way, which will be converted to RES livery...

Sounds a good project buddy,  👍  and as we have discussed on the phone, Covid has knocked you for six since you came out of Hospital.

Any pics in the pipeline? 😃

• Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Sounds a good project buddy,  👍  and as we have discussed on the phone, Covid has knocked you for six since you came out of Hospital.

Any pics in the pipeline? 😃

Not at the moment Andy, as l have some customer work to catch up up, and a few paint jobs...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In my quest to build a TPO, class 47 hauled train l have started with a NSX Postal sorting van from PR Models, which was being a bit of a challenge at first, but after having a really nice long chat with Peter Besant at Doncaster O gauge show l discovered the kit was from David Parkins from 1987 so it is a really old kit but a few helpful tips from Peter has made the job a lot easier...

DSC07702.JPG

DSC07715.JPG

DSC07717.JPG

• Like 9