What 6 Pin Decoder For Daopl Class 153 DMU

Poe

Ok just bought a Dapol n gauge 153 DMU train, and it states it needs two 6pin decoders, which are the correct ones because in future want to connect side warning lights, does the dcc chip have to be 2 or 4 function? if so could you point me towards the right one.

cheers.

• RMweb Gold

Ok just bought a Dapol n gauge 153 DMU train, and it states it needs two 6pin decoders, which are the correct ones because in future want to connect side warning lights, does the dcc chip have to be 2 or 4 function? if so could you point me towards the right one.

cheers.

The class 153 is a single car and the one I have has just one 6 pin decoder slot.

I have put a Bachmann one in it and all appears to be working fine but there are little slide switches under it to switch the lights on and off at each end.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Ah

I have one but havent opened it up yet. chances are it dows require a decoder in the non powered end as the Dapol Voyager certainly does require a decoders in the non powered drving cars to control the headlights etc.

The Dapol DVT also requires a decoder.

Ian

ahh right how are the rear lights powered through a electrical connection between the two cars?

I don't have one but I think there is no electrical connection between the cars. The unpowered car will pick up power and DCC commands from the track. The decoder in the rear car needs to be programmed to the same DCC address to receive the same commands as the one in the powered car.

Archived