Dim voyager lights

ash39

Purchased a Cross Country 220 from Hattons last Monday. Running it in I was disappointed to see it didn't have working lights, I assumed it would have because the Class 158 (of which I have three) does.

I then realised they were on, just very very dim. It's not my track as the aforementioned 158's, my Hornby 60 and Bachmann 66 are all very bright on it. It's the same for both driving cars, in both directions. Is this a known 'problem', quirk or have a got a faulty unit? It's ironic as in real life the Voyager lights are blindingly bright! and, if anything, the 60 and 66 lights should be a little dimmer on the models. Not complaining though as they look superb.

Thanks

Ash

the thing with the voyager lights is they are nomal bulbs as apposed to the other locos which are LED bulbs had the same problem with my own and have now removed them and replaced witha led kit hope this helps

Are you intending to use this on DCC?

Bachmann recommend running in on DC before fitting decoders and with DC you will see a marked difference with the lighting levels compared to running on DCC. The lights will become brighter the faster you run the model and will not light up at all when stationary.

Cheers guys, I'm pleased it can be improved. I've not done any soldering before and I haven't got an iron but it's something I'll definitely do in future when my skills improve, still building my layout for now so plenty to be getting on with,

Archived