Thinking of starting LU modeling

LU_fan

I am considering modeling LU in N-scale(1:160) and im wondering: does anyone have any tips for someone with a tight budget and little space?

I already know of one place where i can get some rolling stock(1938-stock), but that's handmade and not very cheap. Great quality though. So im also wondering: is there any place where i can find 1:160 scale LU stock? Sub-surface or tube stock doesn't matter as i was thinking of making some kind of a junction layout/diorama.

• 2 weeks later...

It's A60 stock. The first test castings have arrived, and Phil is sending them over to me for the vinyls to be finished over the weekend. I think they're going to be coming out in both refurbished and unrefurbished form, although I don't know which one is being released first.

• RMweb Gold

From a guy here in Sweden called Jörgen Edgar.

Here's his site in case you're interested: http://jorgenedgar.s...ri/galleri.html. Everything there is handmade. The 38-stock can be found on the bottom right pic in the Great Britain section. It's in IoW Dinosaur livery, but still.

Amazing. They don't look easy to motorise. What are they made off?

• RMweb Gold

It's A60 stock. The first test castings have arrived, and Phil is sending them over to me for the vinyls to be finished over the weekend. I think they're going to be coming out in both refurbished and unrefurbished form, although I don't know which one is being released first.

Cool - looking forward to seeing this. I can add it to my small collection of N underground stock (95 stock and two battery locos). Now if only someone could do some 72 stock!

Are the vinyls to save painting (or for the whole body sides - hopefully not)?

Cheers, Mike

Sweet! Can't wait to see them.

Amazing. They don't look easy to motorise. What are they made off?

You can order them as just shells if you want to motorise them. They're made from plastic film, modeling clay, cardboard and Humbrol enamel paint.

Archived