The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Facebook

• RMweb Premium

Question is in the title really. Is it possible to get rid of timeline on my facebook account, if so has anyone done it and if so would they please share with me how it is done? Thanks

• RMweb Gold

I think once you have it you have it!

Ian, before my Facebook account imposed Timeline there was a "get Timeline now" option somewhere at the top of the screen, Just before (a week)?it was due to be converted if I clicked on my own name it showed me what Timeline would look like so I could configure it. It all looked strange at first but it I soon got used to it. It looks better on a reasonable sized screen than it does on a netbook though!

Question is in the title really. Is it possible to get rid of timeline on my facebook account, if so has anyone done it and if so would they please share with me how it is done? Thanks

There is no way of changing back once you've "upgraded".

It's not as bad as I first thought. It does grow on you.

• RMweb Gold

Time line? Ugh!

Personal opinion, but I like the original Facebook page, and really do not want to have a layout I do not like imposed on me.

I note that a number of 'apps'(?) will upgrade you to Timeline automatically, which I presume is Facebook's way of getting everyone to conform to their new corporate style.

If it becomes compulsory, I'll probably bin Facebook and spend my time more productively.

Regards

Richard

One of those who had it imposed upon me through an app, unfortunately... I suppose it's not so bad - I spend less time on there than I did before, which can only be a good thing!

I have it but hardly see it, I'm normally just browsing through the news feed seeing what friends and family are upto and taking the mic :P

when timeline happens, do double check your security settings as they can change slightly.

Archived