Train related music on MRL TV

ChrisMRL

Hi all

Just a bit of fun, but I've put a selection of train-related songs/videos onto the 'Music' tab of MRL TV:

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/TV/

Always happy to add more if anyone has any requests ;)

The video for this one is priceless:

O' Jays - Love Train

And this one actually has some interesting footage from 1952 of a 500mph journey on the Brighton Belle!

Status Quo - Slow Train

cheers,

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Just the music available so far as I know, but 'Train Song' from Pentangle's 'Basket of Light' album is to me a masterpiece of musical imagery.

Regards,

John

Guest Max Stafford

Cream; White Room.

Howlin' Wolf; Smokestack Lightning.

Spear of Destiny; Flying Scotsman.

Visage; Night Train

Jimmy Smith; Night Train

James Brown; Night Train!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

A few I'd consider worthy additions:

Chris Rea - "Deltics"

XTC - "Train Running Low on Soul Coal" (from the 1985 GWR 150-themed album "The Big Express")

The Blue Nile - "From a late night train"

Saint Etienne - "Hobart Paving"

• RMweb Gold

How about "Star Guitar" by Chemical Brothers? A strangely entrancing video where the scenery through a train window has been computer manipulated to match the beats of the music. Not for some folk but one of my favourite videos (as opposed to music).

How about "Star Guitar" by Chemical Brothers? A strangely entrancing video where the scenery through a train window has been computer manipulated to match the beats of the music. Not for some folk but one of my favourite videos (as opposed to music).

Thanks - great video! It's on there now Rich :-)

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Radio 6 are asking listeners to vote for their favourite piece of music from the stations lifetime (well worth a look IMHO)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/vote/100-greatest-hits/

After lengthy deliberation I voted for 'There goes the Fear' by Doves... Love the album and this track in particular but I'm drifting off track (lol)...

6 Music put a play list on youtube showcasing the top 100.  I'd never seen the video for this song so I though I would have a gander... shocking! It's amazing where you can get to from Euston (no nit picking please) and there is loads of vintage railway footage - you do have to get past the supermarket and the swimming bit though.

see here:

Hey it even closes with a BP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived