The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Decent downloadable Movie editor

• RMweb Premium

I took a short movie on my i Phone the other day, when I downloaded it to my PC it played upside down! I tried all the editing stuff I have but there is nothing that will let me rotate my movie to play the correct way up. Has anyone got any ideas about a free/dirt cheap ( I dont take many movies) download for my PC that would allow me to rotate the movie? Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Adrian

I did download the programme and it did rotate my video, but its demands on my CPU were such that it went to 100% each time and siezed up, I use 2Gb RAM which I thought would be OK but it was not to be. I think I will shoot videos that I want to us on a PC with a traditional camera not an Iphone, which I find unless you use with a Mac there are all sorts of problems (with videos anyway).

cheers

Andrew

There's something very odd going on with VLC if it is hogging resources, it does not normally do that, running easily on my old compter with 1 gig.

It is possible you accidently engaged two active VLC at once, or more. VLC is well known for running at quite low requirements.

A lighter program is GOM video, which again rotates on demand, and plays most formats chucked it's way.

I use VLC for you tube downloads to improve the quality, plenty of control available, makes a lot of difference to older B/w films and can improve home video from phones and webcams a lot.

Stephen.

Archived