If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings!

vulcan607

Hello all. After several weeks 'lurking' on this rather excellent site, i've decided to take the plunge and join up.

A quick introduction- Although I had a reasonable sized 00 loft layout at my parents house as a kid, the usual destractions of Girls/cars/beer took their toll and interested faded for 20 years or so. Now, i'm back, trying to make up for lost time! My main interest is now N-gauge continental, specifically East German eras 3-4 and i'm in the process of planning a small-ish urban station layout to run my stock on. The problem is.....I rather like the look of Bachman's 2-EPB, and try as I might, I can't seem to stop sketching an urban 'micro' with it in mind!

As an added spanner in the works, I've unearthed an unbuilt Kirk 2-Bil kit from my parent's loft- minus instructions. Does anyone have a set they could copy or scan for me? (I'd happily pay any costs or postage). Even if the 00 micro doesn't get built, i'd still like to have a crack at the Bil

Hi vulcan607,

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're in the same boat that I've been in for most of my modelling career, indecision!

If it helps, I'd say follow what you're interested in right now but don't get rid of anything that you used to be into - that interest may come back and keeping stuff will give you a head start and save money!

Cheers,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Hi There

Welcome aboard. You'll find all the help you need here - it's an excellent resource.

I agree about the recent Bachmann 3rd rail EMUs and their effect on your plans - I am now trying to justify a 4-CEP on an ex LMS main line wayside station layout.

Regards

Stewart

Archived