Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Just to second that, I would be very interested in the full etches or just the grills.

I have the Genesis cab mouldings, but they do not have the detail of your etches at all (and are a bit skewed on the front windows).

Lovely work, and a very interesting solution to the cab shape.

Jamie

Just to second that, I would be very interested in the full etches or just the grills.

I have the Genesis cab mouldings, but they do not have the detail of your etches at all (and are a bit skewed on the front windows).

Jamie

Hello Fred here.

Isn't a ready to run model coming from Rapedo Trains the NRM dropped a few hints they were going to make a set to fallow the apt .I hope so .

Hello Fred here.

Isn't a ready to run model coming from Rapedo Trains the NRM dropped a few hints they were going to make a set to fallow the apt .I hope so .

Yes, it was announced at Warley last year.

cheers

Shane

Jamie

The etches are not currently available, not until I work out a way of making the cantrail grilles easier to assemble. I have an idea but its down the list a bit at the mo as I have other things on the go.

cheers

Shane

No problem Shane. There is no rush, I still have lots of other projects on the go. As I have a pair of HST's and the Genesis cab mouldings I am happy to wait to get other parts.

Thank you for sharing your photos, it is a lovely model.

Jamie

• 2 months later...

With rapido now announcing they are not going to produce the prototype delayed indefinitely. The only way is to model one luckily I also have a pair of Genesis kits was going to base it on the new Hornby model given the better Underframe detail and improved running but wonder if a Lima power car would be a better starting point

Hi, it's a case really of taking a choice, as the old Hornby body shell is more correct in having the rear cab windows and they are cheap to buy, but the bogies just don't resemble anything, whereas the Lima bogies are spot on but somewhat harder to find these days. But I don't know if the current railroad hst has the correct combination which could be an option for you.

Funnily enough I was working on the revised drawings for version 4 of the power car last night, to correct some of the flaws and design issues in version 3.

Cheers

Shane

Shane have you seen Colin Marsden and and Graham Fenn book titled British main line diesel locomotives which contains info on both prototype class 41 and the HST class 43 along with scale drawings of both

Hi, it's a case really of taking a choice, as the old Hornby body shell is more correct in having the rear cab windows and they are cheap to buy, but the bogies just don't resemble anything, whereas the Lima bogies are spot on but somewhat harder to find these days. But I don't know if the current railroad hst has the correct combination which could be an option for you.

I have one of the new Hornby models in blue grey which has running benefits along with detailed bogies and also has the rear cab Windows originally brought a reduced price East Midlands trains variant but it has wrong roof details/fans and no rear dab window will resell on ebay at some stage

Shane have you seen Colin Marsden and and Graham Fenn book titled British main line diesel locomotives which contains info on both prototype class 41 and the HST class 43 along with scale drawings of both

Yes, I have the book but the drawings are not great, there are other, better drawings available.

Cheers

Shane

• 2 months later...
On 19/11/2016 at 17:27, Wolf27 said:

The etches are not currently available, not until I work out a way of making the cantrail grilles easier to assemble. I have an idea but its down the list a bit at the mo as I have other things on the go.

cheers

Shane

I think i may have found a suitable solution to the cantrail grilles, albeit a bit of a compromise, but your thoughts are welcome. I have fitted a set to one of my test builds for evaluation.

33558103133_a3f50e5405_z.jpgS4370001 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

34210510542_529ca7e5b3_z.jpgS4370002 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

Edited by Wolf27
  • Like 10

• 1 year later...

Hello Shane, do you think you will make your etches available at some point? Now that the rapido one is no longer a go-er. I would be interested!

Could I second Corbs request?

Chris.

• 11 months later...