3d Printing - The current state of the art

What is the current state of the art when it comes to 3d printing? I see lots of people dipping the odd toe in the water, but where has it got to? Can I goto a company and get a model of a loco body printed? Does anyone make freely available designs, either through Creative Commons, or similar?

What is the finish like on the models? Do different companies produce better finishes than others?

Thanks

J

• RMweb Gold

What is the current state of the art when it comes to 3d printing? I see lots of people dipping the odd toe in the water, but where has it got to? Can I goto a company and get a model of a loco body printed? Does anyone make freely available designs, either through Creative Commons, or similar?

What is the finish like on the models? Do different companies produce better finishes than others?

Thanks

J

Hello Julia,

There is a whole section on this topic already in the special interests section. It has its own place where im sure you will find all your answers it has a section on free cad programs etc and lot of examples of peoples work. I hope this helps

Regards

Mark J

There is a whole section on this topic already in the special interests section. It has its own place where im sure you will find all your answers it has a section on free cad programs etc and lot of examples of peoples work. I hope this helps

Oh, had entirely failed to notice that. Have moved this thread there.

J

Archived