Sourcing 14mm gauge Track & Wheel Sets?

I am looking for the availability of typically 3 mm or 4mm scale NG 14mm track and a few Wheel and Axle sets for my Cliff Railway project. Ideally I would like to avoid "steamroller" section wheels. I would prefer not to have to solder the track. What's available out there? Thanks in advance.

Reasons for this request can be found in my Blog.

You could use plastic or ply sleepers and use solvent to stick plastic chairs to it. Do you have to make a passing section where both units pass or is there only 1 car?

Make a simple 14mm back to back gauge and re gauge 00 wheel sets. Again if only 1 car you could make a simple track gauge, if you have to build a passing loop then the gauge is slightly harder but not impossable to make

Thanks for that Paul, but it seems to be 7mm scale based, I'm working (potentially) in 4mm/ft. But noted for further thought!

Fair enough.

I was looking on there earlier today and noted that they stock 14mm roller gauges.

Guest Natalie Graham

3SMR do 14.2mm gauge flexitrack but it's £40 for a six yard pack. They also do wheels which I am sure could be moved on their axles to 14mm gauge or else they sell a 14.2mm track gauge if you'd rather build track to fit the wheels.

Sn3 is 9/16" gauge or in metric 14.29mm. In the US Sn3 flexitrack is available from PBL along with some other bits including rolling stock wheels and trucks (bogies). S scale is 3/16" = 1ft or 4.76mm/ft so this is NG track in a scale just a little larger than you are looking for. The wheels are NMRA standard so fairly nice profile.

• RMweb Premium

Shinohara track is available from ScaleLink. Problem is that they say it is Sn3 but also say it's 14mm and so one of those statements is a few fractions out - but for your Cliff Railway I guess this is about as close as you'll get without building your own.

http://www.scalelink.co.uk/acatalog/Shinohara_Track___Pointwork__SN3_.html

Looking at the photos on your Blog, I did wonder if you were planning to make a model of a ski jump for the Winter Olympics !!

Mike

Thanks for the replies, and the links/leads to potential suppliers.

Mike...I have seen and photographed the Ski Jump at Oslo (modified since Eddy the Eagle "flew" there.) I think it may be about the same angle as the Cliff Railway. Off topic, I had to wait for the clouds to lift, but here it is:-

post-136-0-78629600-1339074620_thumb.jpg

Archived