BR Mk1s

Firstly an apology becuase I've exhausted my ideas using the forum search feature. Recently one of the well known mags (railway or model railway) ran an article on BR Mk1s, which was quite interesting. I'm in teh progress of acquiring a rake of these from messers Bachmann and wanted to do some research but now cannot find the article. I thought that it was model research related but can't find it in any recent MRs, Hornby or BRMs that I have; it might have been real railways related but can't find it in Traction or RI that I've searched through. Can anyone put me out of my misery so that I can try to narrow my shelf search and put it in my case for my week's business trip.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks... stopping from tearning my hair out now

Jon

Kevin,

Thanks. The article was about real Mk1s not the Bachmann ones and the article was relatively recent... a few months (sorry for not being more specific). It contained a number of B&W photos illustrating bogie types and configurations of carriage.

Jon

Hi Jon, this might be what you're thinking of, think the title was 'Mk1 Bogie Basics' Model Rail No.151 IIRC there are some decent detailed prototype pics.

Hope this helps

Cheers Phil.

Thanks Phil... that could well be it and that must have been one of the few MRs I failed to check... and I'm now seperated from my mag collection ... it being at home in sussex and me now being in York. I'll look on my return but thanks for putting me out of my misery :good:

Jon

• RMweb Premium

No probs Jon, just had a read of it myself as I've been messing about with some Mk1s and had forgotten about this article, so thanks for bringing the subject up :no:

Enjoy York even though, having read your update, you arrived at NRM a tad late!

Cheers Phil.

Archived