Metcalf Models

Have just seen the latest web page from Metcalf Models in which they say that they are no longer sending items outside the UK due to exorbitant rises in trhe costs demanded by the shippers.

Is this the end of a lot of business, even though we are in the EU ? Who is making the millions ?

gresley

The real problem here is the cost of fuel that is causing the rise in transport costs, so its down to who is making all the profit and revenue from fuel...

Maybe you can order from some other internet stockist such as Hattons that will ship to Europe.

Its the same everywhere. Our postage over here has gone up as well. I find the best thing is to try & get a good order together so you can get a better postage rate.

Having said that I wouldn't be getting items from Metcalf direct. You can often get items cheaper from major box shifter's.

We post items abroad. Postage costs are calculated on the website, and if the customer is willing to pay our charges, we will ship to them. Our postage rates are based on those from the Royal Mail. The only real restriction is the weight of the total items. Keeping an order under 2Kg will also help.

There are now quite a lot of suppliers in this country that will not ship abroad.

• RMweb Gold

There are now quite a lot of suppliers in this country that will not ship abroad.

I think Maplin dumped overseas orders even before the present financial misery. As postal services world-wide find their most lucrative and easy business going down the tube called e-mail, then charges for the residual services, e.g. parcels, inevitably rise.

• 2 months later...

Next time you travel abroad, especially by air, calculate the total cost, including travel at both ends and then divide by you weight and see how much it cost you/kg to travel. Then check out the parcel rates.

With a big enough family, the possible savings from shipping the kids via Parcel Post to the next family holiday destination might be enough for un upgrade to a business class ticket.... :jester:

Archived