Southwick Lane

GW57

Lovely work there Richard. You've created a nice sense of space and it gives me some ideas as I am currently planning something similar. What are the dimensions of the scenic board?

David

David, the dimensions are 3'6" by 14", I used 9mm MDF for the base cut up by our local D.i.y. Store B & !!!!!!!!!!.

Hope this helps you.

Richard

Thanks Richard that is really useful. It's interesting to see what you can fit in to such a confined space. I suppose the issue with O gauge is the length of the points but that is eliminated here, and without losing any of the operational interest. I presume you will be using a sector plate/traverser fiddle yard?

Perfect space to shuffle a few wagons....

David

David, I have used a sector plate long enough to hold a loco & 2 wagons, the sector plate is wired to the power supply, the 3 tracks are wired through a 3 position switch so a loco can be left on one of the tracks & a second loco can be used.

Richard

• 1 month later...

Southwick Lane will have its first outing on the 28th July , at the Blythe & Tyne open day in their club rooms.

The club rooms are above the Adsa shop, Saville street,opposite the Beacon car park, North Shields.

Richard

Archived