Railpedia?

M Graff

The Railpedia.com site has been advertising for some time now in the mag, but the site is a no go and the apps are non extant!

If they can afford ads they should have something to actually show, right?

Seems a bit strange......

At the moment it says

"We have been slightly overwhelmed by the number of people signing up in the last hour. Please accept our sincere apoligese as we put a bit more coal in the firebox that runs our web servers."

At the moment it says

"We have been slightly overwhelmed by the number of people signing up in the last hour. Please accept our sincere apoligese as we put a bit more coal in the firebox that runs our web servers."

Has it ever worked? - that message has been there for ages. The page is petty clumsy html and if you have to "sign up" to use it then it is hardly a "...edia" site which are usually open to all. To me it looks like an idea that has not got beyond the "under construction" label.

I guess it will slide into oblivion if they can't even get the page to work......

Has the ads been paid........ or does BRM only require pay in advance?

I can't see the benefit of a "special" Wiki.... what's wrong with Wikipedia?!?

I can't see the benefit of a "special" Wiki.... what's wrong with Wikipedia?!?

It is fully controllable - its dictated by those who run it, with their own agenda and plans to become multi-millionaires when they go IPO(or sell it to some railway mag) - having your own Wiki enables input and editing to be performed by a select group of (in theory) knowledgeable contributors while blocking the trolls and troublemakers.

Archived