Point rodding

spenc

Hi

I'am building my layout Spenford Road and i need some point rodding to go from point at bottom picture and the two points at top of picture to a ground frame to the left of the two points at top.The Question is they a manifacture who makes them or do i make my own if the latter what size rodding will i need.

Thanks Steve

post-11944-0-16250700-1339966505_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

The MSE/Wizard Models items work out MUCH cheaper than the C&L, although you can make working rodding if you so choose with the C&L components.

Me, I will be using MSE stuff as I'll be ordering the signals etc at the same time for Fourgig East

You're going to hate me, but have you also considered the need for facing point locks? if you have a facing point on a main running line it might need one in the real world ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RedgateModels

The line through the platform is up/down branch middle line is run round loop. Line to top of picture left used to be part of main line now only serves to clay works.The line bottom left is short siding will i need one still.

Thanks Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Hi RedgateModels

The line through the platform is up/down branch middle line is run round loop. Line to top of picture left used to be part of main line now only serves to clay works.The line bottom left is short siding will i need one still.

Thanks Steve.

Looking at the photo you will need an FPL on the facing points leading to the platform - if you post a plan we can check.

Hi Beast66606 & RedgateModels

Just to let you know there will be no signals just like the layout how Lapford is but the one part of the old main line will go to a clay works.Got no proper plan so heres one i drawn hope this helps.

Steve

post-11944-0-22153900-1341431961_thumb.jpg

Archived