Morning all,

The video I shot at the Members' day last weekend is finished:

http://bit.ly/OC5Ij6

A handful of layouts (as many as I could fit in) plus a quick look at the Black Country Blues project layout and the team (a longer video to come on that soon) and of course an intro from Andy York.

Thanks to everyone who put up with me and my roving camera on the day!

cheers

Chris

The layouts that were featured came across well. I would have shown just a bit more of the totality of the event - demonstrators, food, punters, trade - and dispensed with the background "music". Then again, I've never made a video so what do I know?!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I think that while Muzak may have its downsides, it is better than the irrelevant hubbub that would represent a live soundtrack, which we often hear when members offer their videos of shows. [No criticism implied - you have the same dilemma!] Often any background conversation recorded is on a subject unrelated to the picture, and there is the risk that the odd offensive word might slip through, too. Film-makers really cannot win here unless there is a bespoke live commentary - and who'd be brave & clever enough to do that effectively for every layout being filmed? Not me!

Thanks everyone,

I'm glad that most seem to like it - it's really just me rushing around with a camera and no lights, so results may vary ;)

Yes - musak has its advantages and disadvantages, but with so much background noise and snippets of speech it's a necessary evil. I'd like to use 'music' instead of 'musak' but everyone's taste is different, and besides - Led Zeppelin do like their royalty cheques to be rather large. :))

cheers

Chris

Archived