The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Home pubs - show us yours

Downendian

• RMweb Gold

I have in my back garden an old garage that we decided not to demolish, and retained as a childrens play room come social area.

We (I use the royal we here) decided to convert it to a bar and when I legally could I did all the electrics and flooring etc to create a pub. A chippy friend then fabricated a bar, and based on a lot of purchases from ebay bought beer pumps, optics and general pub furniture.

I have amassed a collection of malts and various firewaters from all over the world. I routinely put local ale through the pumps (namely Bath ales, Cotswold spring and Great Western Brewery). We ( a group of ten of us that routinely go out for beers) also bought a cider press last year and made our own scrumpy. My brother has built one, and also my friend Mark. They get used for BBQs, family get togethers and "late ones" after the normal pubs are shut. They are I understand very popular in Australia, and we have all been very adamant that this won't affect our local pub attendance which gets a large sum of our income on a weekly basis and have done so for decades.

My pub has a general theme, but has got some railway memorabilia including wagon D plates and a few other plates. Eventually I hope to accrue some loco nameplates including a few replica class 52s of course.

Does anyone else have a home bar/pub? what themes have been developed and how is it used?

Enjoy the pics - its changed a bit since the build though!

Neil

post-6925-0-65328400-1342178120_thumb.jpg

Bar completed Easter 2008

post-6925-0-00440900-1342179059_thumb.jpg

A small selection of D plates

post-6925-0-91586700-1342180095_thumb.jpg

Some malts - now long since consumed

post-6925-0-38464000-1342178753_thumb.jpg

Cider batch 2 in demijohns, November 2011

• RMweb Gold

Looks like another bar to visit in Bristol then!!

Seen as you have some hand pumps on it, when are you getting into the Good Beer Guide??

Our bar is now covered in bottles that we accrue but dont get round to drinking

• RMweb Gold

I'm pleased to see that you have (had) some very decent malts on that top shelf :sungum:

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I'm rather generous with the malts. And when my cousin comes over one bottle normally vanishes. Have currently 15 on the go, and enjoy a final malt after emptying the barrel of beer.

Neil

Archived