W6716S & W6719S

Brake Compo

King reports that of the Bulleid loose BCKs transferred to the WR W6716S and W6719S (at least), were repainted into lined maroon in 1964. While there are easily accessible photos of the ER & ScR lined maroon TOs, I am struggling to find a photo of a Bulleid loose BCK in lined maroon and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction?

Sorry to hijack, but could someone point me to info of the Bullied Maroon TO's?

No probs, there is a nice colour photo in Mike Welch's Southern Coaches in Colour. If you have Goulds' Bulleid Coaches, this has at least one b+w photo. There are also various photos around of 1482 running in weathered ScR lined maroon on the Bluebell, where it very briefly ran in this livery after arrival in the early 1970s, and also of 1469 on the KWVR, where it ran in lined maroon for many years (including appearing in the film Yanks).

King reports that of the Bulleid loose BCKs transferred to the WR W6716S and W6719S (at least), were repainted into lined maroon in 1964. While there are easily accessible photos of the ER & ScR lined maroon TOs, I am struggling to find a photo of a Bulleid loose BCK in lined maroon and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction?

There is one here of W6715W! (second photo down):

http://classictracti...n-branches.html

I ordered a digital copy from the website and it arrived the next day without any problems. I was intrigued to see that that the coach was numbered by the WR W6215W! Although this does not appear to be the only example of incorrect suffixing of Bulleid coaches by the WR, clearly Swindon was envious of such a superior coach design!

Adam what an interesting photo, which leaves me slightly nonplussed, what is this coach doing at Waterloo in 1967? While the ER and ScR coaches were reported as being repainted into lined maroon at Eastleigh before departure and I suppose that it is not impossible that they might have been commandeered/trial run before departure, records indicate that all should have dispatched to their new homes by May 1966. Given the presence of a blue & grey Mk1 in the consist the summer 1967 date given for the photo is surely correct.

It would be very interesting if the coach number could be read from the original slide. Does anybody have any idea

Archived