NCE PowerCab Questions

LDM34046

MurrayField Junction

I'm planning on adding the NCE powercab to my layout and I need a couple of questions answered!!

Firstly, I it possible to run more than one DCC system on one track ( In my case running NCE and the Dynamis system on the same layout)?????

Secondly, The NCE powerCab Starter set, does that include everything I need to get started included Computer interface???

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

MurrayField Junction

I'm planning on adding the NCE powercab to my layout and I need a couple of questions answered!!

Firstly, I it possible to run more than one DCC system on one track ( In my case running NCE and the Dynamis system on the same layout)?????

Secondly, The NCE powerCab Starter set, does that include everything I need to get started included Computer interface???

thank you

Hello

Your first question the answer is a NO!

The second questions is there is no computer interface. If you want an interface it might be better to look at the power pro 5amp!

James

I have a USB computer interface for computer programming and operation of my Power Cab, which if they are available in Australia should be available in the UK, or at worst over the net from USA.

The two DCC systems can not be on the same track at the same time, but different isolated sections of track on one layout could be. But when you have the NCE you could no go back to the Dynamis. (its not called Botchmann for no reason!)

Matthew

Hello

Your first question the answer is a NO!

The second questions is there is no computer interface. If you want an interface it might be better to look at the power pro 5amp!

James

Assuming the above reply is about the NCE PowerCab, then it's wrong.

The PowerCab has an optional USB interface (about £30-£35) which will allow programming of loco chips and running of trains from a computer.

There are limits on what the USB+PowerCab can do through a computer, notably a lack of feedback of layout sensor information, this becomes important if full automation of a layout is being considered, and in that case the full "PowerPro" system may be a better option. But to just program a few chips and control a few items directly from the computer screen, then the USB interface on the PowerCab is fine. (btw. Do not use the NCE USB interface for PowerCab with the NCE PowerPro system, they don't work well together !!).

- Nigel

Assuming the above reply is about the NCE PowerCab, then it's wrong.

The PowerCab has an optional USB interface (about £30-£35) which will allow programming of loco chips and running of trains from a computer.

There are limits on what the USB+PowerCab can do through a computer, notably a lack of feedback of layout sensor information, this becomes important if full automation of a layout is being considered, and in that case the full "PowerPro" system may be a better option. But to just program a few chips and control a few items directly from the computer screen, then the USB interface on the PowerCab is fine. (btw. Do not use the NCE USB interface for PowerCab with the NCE PowerPro system, they don't work well together !!).

- Nigel

The question was does the NCE power cab come with a computer interface! Which it does not you are right it is an extra.

Archived