Early SR Blue/Grey Mk1 set numbers/small coach numbers.

Hey Guys - in trying to create my late sixties SR layout I need some SR Blue/Grey Mk1s - I've located a picture of 3 set 159 in blue/grey with set numbers in the traditional location at the outer end of the BSK behind W/C 34025 which I think was quite rare as the policy of displaying set numbers was dropped quite early on on blue/grey repaints and replaced with set numbers on the solebar. The set numbers in the photo appear to be the same font/style as previously used on green liveried Mk1s except in grey, also the size of the numbers of the vehicles appear to be much smaller than say a blue/grey repaint of the eighties:-

The link below has a picture of S13006 about halfway down the page in blue/grey with much smaller numbers.

http://www.semgonline.com/coach/brmk1_2.html

I've tried all the usual suspects for the smaller coach numbers but to no avail and as for the grey set numbers - forget it.

I've considered N-guage coach transfers (not yet measured any up) for the vehicle numbers but i've no idea how to create the grey set numbers.

Does anybody have idea's?

Thanks

Steve

The Press-fix HMRS sheets have the original 75mm numbers on them as well as the normal 100mm size ones. The 75mm numbers were only used for a short length of time when blue and grey was first introduced.

Fox Transfers sheet F4262 has letters and numbers in 75mm white but only 8 copies of each number.

The last option is to have a word with John Peck at http://www.precisionlabels.com/, he should be able to make any of the numbers you need. He made me some 75mm black number sets for a Swallow HST set (not only one set for each side but also a complete set of spares) for three quid. See the comparison of 75mm and 100mm numbers below:

post-7112-0-94842500-1343691637_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived