The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Extreme Foaming (much hilarity)

Debs.

From another forum: "The video in question was shot by the president of the very railroad that owns these two vintage EMDs. It was in humorous response to a viral video on YouTube made by a kid going ape over sighting the DRGW heritage unit. Since I don't believe the president of the S&NC is short-bus material (and since I have a special-needs child at home, I can even forgive such comments from others, but only once), this video is a joke, and should be treated as such. Even CNN did a news piece on this video., done by Jeanie Moos:

http://www.cnn.com/Fvideo-moos-excited-train-gag

Once you know the backstory, it's harder to get worked up."

Brian

PS: The CNN link is broken.

• 2 months later...

Oh those American cousins, I watched it on Bing the other week. It was very very funny. I hope he did have something to wipe up the mess. Mind you hats off to him for keeping the camra as still as he did.

I used to work at a place right by the Blackburn-Hellifield line frequently used by steam loco's making light engine moves from Carnforth and steam specials. Myself and another guy used to go out and watch/photograph them. All great fun but it was a bit embarrassing when he started punching the air, whooping and dancing around. I sometimes wonder what the crews made of it!

Archived